MoneySite.com or MoneySite Limited (UK) (“we”, “us”, “our”) Registration Number: 10496954, is registered in England and Wales; our registered office is at MoneySite Limited, Office 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden London, WC2H 9JQ. UNITED KINGDOM. We take your privacy seriously and we will take all steps to ensure that your personal data is secure & confidential.
MoneySite.com or MoneySite Limited is the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of your personal data in connection with the Services. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal data or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28/11/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information during the registration process or while you are using our Services:
· name and job title
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· Using the email you provided a while registering on the site, we may send you promotional emails.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Passing on information about you
While using our Services we may need to disclose your personal information to the following:
a) Third parties, this may include partners whose products are listed on our site and specifically for products where an online quotation is requested (e.g. insurance or financial advice). Our partners control their own privacy policies and will be acting as data controllers of your information and you will need to contact them directly. Our data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected] to help with any queries you should have regarding 3rd parties and the information which they may hold about you.
b) The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and any other regulators who may need to access your information for compliance purposes.
c) Licensed Credit Reference Agencies (CRA’s) for the purpose of credit checks and identity verification.
d) If required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
e) If required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
f) if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
g) in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
· We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We may introduce you to third party lenders if we can not directly approve you for a loan.
· You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MoneySite.com at the address shown on our contacts page.
· If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.